This position acts as lead operations counsel for a well-known retail store with multiple locations which is owned by a nationally recognized parent company. The position reports into the enterprise-wide Legal Department and works very closely with the operators and business leaders of the retail store as well as other attorneys in the Legal Department with management oversight responsibilities and/or subject matter expertise to support the legal and compliance needs of all aspects of the division. The individual will serve as the primary point of intake for legal questions and needs for the division, to include:
- Legal review and evaluation of the retail store’s marketing materials.
- Drafting and negotiating contracts with third party agencies and service providers.
- Drafting and negotiating with manufacturers and product suppliers.
- Providing day to day legal advice to the retail store’s HR team, as well as interaction with the parent company’s legal employment team to advise the division on relevant matters.
- Working with the parent company’s Legal and Operational teams in implementing and managing customer interaction with payment options and related third party vendors.
- Working with the parent company’s Legal and Compliance Teams to develop and implement a compliance management program.
- Engaging with the retail store’s management to identify legal issues as they arise and direct to appropriate in-house or exterior legal resources.
Finally, this position may be called upon to support various other legal needs of the parent company as they arise and become necessary, including store level general counseling, and transactions and litigation support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide counsel and assistance on an array of general legal matters to support operations across a broad range of business functions
- Ability to effectively analyze legal risk and provide advice to senior management with respect to strategic decisions for the retail store’s business and overall retail strategy for the parent company.
- Draft, edit, review, and negotiate contracts and transactional engagements on behalf of the division
- Draft, review, and help implement compliance policies and procedures
- Develop and implement compliance testing and monitoring program
- Conduct or support internal investigations
- Conduct gap analyses and evaluate risk under federal and state consumer protection laws
- Review and provide advice on marketing and promotional plans and materials
- Management of outside counsel
- Litigation management
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of prior experience, including law firm experience with some prior in-house counsel (or similar experience thereto) preferred.
- At least 5 years of prior experience in the subject matter specialty for the position.
- Must be a licensed attorney in Florida, who graduated from an ABA accredited law school.
- Preferred experience in retail operations.
- Preferred experience in direct to consumer marketing counseling.
- Experience drafting, editing, reviewing, and negotiating contracts.
- Must demonstrate specific knowledge of subject matter specialty
- Must be able to effectively communicate information and advice to division management and team members
- Must be able to integrate into the decision-making staff of the Legal department and the business operations.
- Prior experience in drafting, implementing, and conducting training programs preferred
- Demonstrate ability to proactively identify and mitigate risk
- Ability to manage multiple matters with critical deadlines in fast paced environment
- Ability to build strong relationships, trust and share knowledge openly to effectively collaborate with business, other in-house attorneys and outside counsel.
- Must have a broad business perspective with the ability to apply this perspective to legal analysis.
Please reach out to Cindy (firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional information or contact us with your resume to get started. No documents or information are shared without approval and all submissions are held in strict confidence.
#HWRLegal #attorneyjobs #lawyerjobs #legaljobs #jobsearch #jobs #job #legalrecruiting #legalrecruiters #helpwanted #inhousecounsel #inhouseattorney #inhouselegal #inhouselawjobs #ftlauderdale #ftlauderdale #floridalawyer #floridajobs #floridaattorney