The Boston office of a highly regarded law firm has multiple openings for Mid-Level Associates in their Private Equity Transactions group. Associates must have at least 3 years of legal experience in private equity transactions, including:
- representing clients on various merger and acquisition transactions, including middle market and large cap buy-outs (public and private transactions), divestitures, sale transactions, joint ventures and minority investments;
- advising clients on domestic and cross-border transactions;
- drafting and negotiating corporate principal and ancillary transaction documents, including merger agreements, stock purchase agreements, asset purchase agreements, stockholders agreements, partnership agreements, limited liability company operating agreements, engagement letters, guarantees and commitment letters;
- drafting or reviewing SEC disclosure documents, including other transaction related SEC filings;
- experience representing both private equity and strategic investors, with a focus on private equity transactions; and,
- at least 2 years successfully managing teams of colleagues to effect corporate transactions.
The mid-level associate attorneys hired will:
- assist in advising private equity sponsors on most aspects of proposed transactions, including drafting principal and ancillary transaction documents, closing the transactions, and establishing the equity ownership structure for any newly acquired operating company;
- draft and negotiate private equity transaction documents, including merger agreements, stock purchase agreements, asset purchase agreements, stockholder agreements, partnership agreements, limited liability company operating agreements, engagement letters, guarantees and commitment letters;
- aid in conducting, organizing and supervising due diligence process for private equity transactions, including review of agreements, supervising and liaising with junior lawyers and subject matter experts and preparing diligence reports for clients;
- conduct “read-out,” or similar calls with clients, lenders and rep and warranty insurers to assist in advising them of due diligence findings for all aspects of transactions, including expert areas;
- assist in preparing management team/owners of selling companies for the sale process, including preparing and reviewing the due diligence materials and data room contents, drafting term sheets and acquisition documents and preparing disclosure schedules;
- utilize knowledge of general corporate and securities law to assist in providing a wide range of general counsel services to companies that have been acquired by private equity sponsors, including assistance with various types of business and operating contracts, employment agreements, management equity grants and day-to-day corporate advisory for principal members of company management;
- serve as primary point of contact for clients, outside advisors and opposing counsel in private equity transactions; Assist in overseeing private equity transactions in various industries, including healthcare, consumer brands, industrial and technology industries;
- analyze the legal and factual background of sophisticated private equity transactions, including for purposes of training clients and junior attorneys;
- supervise teams of colleagues to effect corporate transactions, and assisting in the training, of junior attorneys;
- represent private equity clients on various merger and acquisition transactions including middle market and large cap buy-outs, PIPEs and venture and growth in capital investments; and,
- represent both private equity and strategic investors, with a focus on private equity transactions; and Advise clients on cross-border transactions.
If you or someone you know is interested in additional information, please reach out to Rick at email@example.com, Alaina at firstname.lastname@example.org, Sydney at email@example.com or contact us with your resume to get started. No documents or information are shared without approval and all submissions are held in confidence.
#HWRLegal #attorneyjobs #lawyerjobs #legaljobs #legalcareer #jobsearch #job #jobs #helpwanted #legalrecruiting #legalrecruiters #lawyerjobs #lawyer #lawyerlife #lawjobs #lawjob #attorneyjobs #attorney #attorneys #attorneylife #attorneysatlaw #corporateattorney #corporatelawyer #corporatelaw #corporatecounsel #corporatelegal #corporatelaws #bostonjobs #massachusettsjobs #privateequity