This position will works closely with internal legal experts in technology and privacy practices as well as business professionals in Human Resources, Innovation, Information Security, Legal Project Management, Knowledge Management, Data Insights, Information Systems, and Client Relationship Management, as well as other business services teams. The Privacy Attorney will report to the Director of Operations and Procurement.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the drafting, review, and negotiation of contractual language and standardized terms such as DPAs for use across firm suppliers. Assisting the legal review team to develop and maintain a library of standard agreements and terms. Including but not limited to technology, facilities, operations contracts, services agreements, staffing agreements, software and SaaS agreements and research subscription agreements.
- Liaise with internal legal experts and general counsel to ensure applicability and sufficiency of existing practices (e.g. GDPR, Employment, Compliance, InfoSec etc.) and to evaluate risk considerations as they may impact the firm.
- Serve on Privacy committee and Information Governance committee.
- Assist in the establishment, implementation, and communication of formal policies, processes and procedures to govern the evaluation of legal considerations for a technology product or solution throughout its life-cycle.
- Assist with the on-going development and improvement of systems to support the contract lifecycle management policies and process.
- Advise business services teams in connection with evaluation of new legal technology, new use cases for existing legal technology, and in connection with development and delivery of tech-enabled products and solutions.
- Engage proactively with business services teams, anticipating their needs, successfully remediating issues and seeking to maximize satisfaction levels.
- Work with sourcing and procurement team on key elements of contractual arrangements with suppliers.
- Negotiate directly with suppliers on behalf of the firm and clients for specific practice support engagements.
- Assist with the implementation and application of supplier risk management policies and governance, including but not limited to appraisal, assessment, on-boarding, risk and performance monitoring, policy compliance, and communication.
- Perform industry research on legal matters related to legal technology and innovation as well applicable legislation in various regions where the firm has offices.
- Stay abreast of legal developments in technology, privacy, data security, and continuing education for ongoing professional development.
- Contribute to the holistic negotiation of agreements with suppliers that achieve the optimal combination of service, cost, quality, and risk mitigation.
- Willingness to assume additional responsibilities as needed.
- J.D. required. Must be admitted to the Bar in a state where employed and be a member in good standing.
- Recognized privacy certification such as CIPP, etc.,
- Minimum of 5-7 years of information technology, outsourcing and/or privacy and data protection experience in-house or at a large or specialized firm, including advisory (preparing privacy policies, reviewing social media terms, and the like), transactional (negotiating sourcing, shared services, or information technology agreements), and cyber risk.
- Solid business judgment, including the ability to anticipate and analyze impact and consequences of decisions/initiatives and recommendations
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task by prioritizing and tracking multiple projects and deadlines. Experience handling and managing large projects simultaneously.
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent communication skills with exemplary telephone, in person and online etiquette coupled with the ability to build relationships and adapt approach to different audiences.
- Extremely detail oriented with strong contract drafting and editing skills
- Ability to handle confidential matters appropriately and with discretion
- Multijurisdictional knowledge of Uniform Commercial Code and other laws and regulations pertaining to the solicitation and award of contracts.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate as an effective team member and with minimal supervision to maximize team results.
- Team player who enjoys working with a wide variety of senior executives and various levels of management and can work effectively both independently and in group
OF IMPORTANT NOTE: This firm requires that all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to access the Firm’s offices. Accordingly, any offer of employment is contingent (subject to reasonable accommodations) upon providing the Firm with necessary proof of vaccination, and the Firm will keep all vaccination information, as well as any medical information, confidential in accordance with applicable law.
If you or someone you know is interested in additional information, please reach out to Rick at firstname.lastname@example.org, Sydney at email@example.com or contact us with your resume to get started. No documents or information are shared without approval and all submissions are held in strict confidence.
#HWRLegal #attorneyjobs #lawyerjobs #legaljobs #legalcareer #jobsearch #job #jobs #helpwanted #legalrecruiting #legalrecruiters #lawyerjobs #lawyer #lawyerlife #lawjobs #lawjob #attorneyjobs #attorney #attorneys #attorneylife #attorneysatlaw #litigationlawyer #litigationattorney #litigator #litigators #counsel #legalcounsel #privacylaw #privacyattorney #bocaratonjobs #chicagojobs #chicago #illinoisjobs #bostonjobs #massachusettsjobs #floridajobs #floridalawyer #floridalaw #floridaattorney #nolajobs #neworleans #louisianajobs #louisianalawyer #louisianaattorney #louisianalaw #newyorklawyer #newyorkjobs #newyorkattorney #newyorklaw #californiajobs #chicagojobs #californialawyer #californiaattorney #californialaw #losangeleslawyer #newyorklawyer #newyorkjobs #newyorkattorney #newyorklaw #dcjobs #washingtondcjobs #washingtondcattorney